Wolfstorm – the First Danny Piper Adventure
About five years ago I was driving from Cape Town to Zimbabwe when the idea for a children’s adventure story popped into my head. It actually took me a couple of years to complete it (because it had to be fitted in between screenwriting and copywriting) but the result was Wolfstorm – the First Danny Piper Adventure. It has gone down really well, especially with young readers (boys and girls) aged between 9 and 13.
Before moving to Australia, I spent some time promoting the book around Zimbabwe and South Africa (mainly by speaking at schools) and the response was tremendous. Many of the schools I visited (including some of the very best like Bishops Prep) have taken Wolfstorm on as a class reader.
My main goal with Wolfstorm was to create an exciting adventure story but there are also educational aspects to the story with themes that include the environment, World War II and time travel. We decided to expand on these themes by creating a website which young readers can explore once they’ve read the book. Take a look at www.dannypiper.com
Here’s what some “critics” are saying about Wolfstorm
- ‘A great adventure for boys and girls from the age of 9 on, featuring time travel, the Second World War and the power of true friendship when friends stick together. A great read! – Mary Downs @ Exclusive Books, Cavendish Square, Cape Town
- I loved Wolfstorm so much. It is one of the best books I have ever read! – Martine Ilgner, Age 12, Johannesburg, South Africa
- This book has been the best. I’ve never read anything better or anything that has made me want to finish it all at once. When’s the next book coming? – Sam Nothnagel, Age 11, Melbourne, Australia
- IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT DOWN!! I thought it was an awesome book! – Travis Hall, Age 11, Johannesburg, South Africa
- I thought Wolfstorm was the best book I have read for ages. I read it in two days as I really wanted to find out what happened at the end and I wasn’t disappointed. I would highly recommend it to other readers – Alex Johnson, Age 10, Northumberland, UK
- I strongly recommend it to readers of all ages as the best book I ever have read. And I have read many good books! I can’t wait to read the next one! – Savannah Plaskett, Age 11, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- I have recently read Wolfstorm and I absolutely loved it. I couldn’t put the book down because it was exciting and I really wanted to find out what would happen next. I can’t wait to read the next Danny Piper Adventure. I think it was one of the best books I have ever read – Evie Costa, Age 12, Sydney, Australia.
- I really, really, really loved the book and I hope you write another. If you do I’d be honored to read it. Remember that you’ll always have me to read your books – Abby Zimmerman, Age 12, Wichita, Kansas, USA
- I really loved this book and will recommend it as one of my best books read! What I liked about the book was it kept moving, it did not slow down and get boring – Ben Randell, Age 11, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- Overall, Wolfstorm is an incredible book and I would recommend it to anybody. I got into trouble from mum for staying in bed so long and not getting ready for school, because it was such a gripping story. I’m looking forward to reading the next one in the series and hopefully more after that – James Costa, Age 10, Sydney, Australia
- Wow! This book is amazing and is just packed full of action and excitement. I am not really a big reader but I used to be and this book just got me back into the spirit and it showed me what I was missing. I can’t wait until the next book comes out. I would rate it 10 out of 10. It was the best book I’ve ever read – Joshua Nothnagel, Age 13, Melbourne, Australia
What’s the story about? Here’s the blurb:
Some years after losing his father and sister in a tragic accident, Danny Piper is unexpectedly invited to visit his great-uncle at Bosworth Manor. Little does he realise that his life will never be the same again.
His uncle (once hailed as a great scientist, but now considered a mad recluse) has spent a decade working on a secret project; a marvel of scientific achievement – a time machine!
Now Danny and his friends, Spike and Charley, must embark on a journey like no other, to try and prevent a terrible tragedy. First they must go to the future, then back to the past – deep into the heart of the evil Nazi empire and, ultimately, into the lair of the dark wolf himself – Adolf Hitler!
But not even the threat posed by Hitler and his Nazis will prepare them for what has been unleashed from the future…
Wolfstorm is available (in print or e-book format) from Amazon.com.
Or perhaps you would like to read the first 5 chapters first?
To download the first 5 chapters for FREE please click here.